Saturday, September 11, 2010

Real American Apple Pie


Fred mentioned the other day how wonderful American apple pie is. He said, "It's the best. You'll have to teach me how to make it." My response was, "well if I ever HAD made it, I'd be glad to teach you. Let's learn together!" So with my handy Betty Crocker cook book and my french apron, Fred, Zane and I got to work!




Success! It was delicious! Next time I might buy sweeter apples instead of Granny Smith, and I think I'll do a fancier, crumblier top crust. Until then, I can say that I have made an apple pie and that it was tasty.











4 comments:

  1. Good job! if you mix granny's & gala or delicious it is a good mix :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, whos Fred? And YUMMY!!! Looks fabulous....I know what your job will be come thanksgiving!
    Yay! I am so glad you are in the blogging world now! It feels like you guys live an interesting life, I'm going to enjoy follwing!

    ReplyDelete