As most of you know, Zane was able to study business in Paris for 8 weeks. He had a great time, and when he was done my parents and I joined him for 2 weeks in the beautiful country. Everyone who sees us asks enthusiastically, "HOW WAS FRANCE!?" to which we respond with blank stares and maybe some drool. How do you tell someone that France has been the accumulating finale to 4.5 years of non-stop schooling since the day you got married and that it is the only thing you've been looking forward to since the day you said "I do"? France had become a symbol of being done for so long that a glimpse of the Eiffel Tower and eating more baguettes than should be humanly possible is all a haze. In short: we had a great time. In length: the best part was finally being reunited and spending time with my parents in a place with so much culture and history that pictures don't do it justice. But I'll try...

Dad bought this World War I French helmet at an antique flea market. This is taken in our Paris apartment looking out over Sacré Coeur. I was the only one with a small enough noggin' to wear it.

Zane often accuses me of daydreaming. He says I get this far-off, vacant stare and he knows he's lost me. We stumbled upon this familiar expression in the Louvre. Evidently it's timeless.

Here's the view of the Louvre from the 3rd story. It was the only rainy day that we had in Paris, which was lucky. What was unlucky was that everyone in Paris had the same idea of staying in doors... on Bastille Day when everything else was closed... and it was a free entrance day. It was crowded, but still wonderful.
(Can you tell I'm playing with the layout of pictures on here? Hey, it's my first time.)
Zane and I at L'Arc de Triomphe. (video)
Soo..... I'm just wondering.... how was France??? Just kidding, looks like a blast. I know the feeling of wanting to just get on with life already! Enough school can do that to you. Love you!!!!
ReplyDeleteLots of late-night Yahtzee games, room-temperature apple cider and a few long sessions at the laundramat too. Oh, and getting the evil-eye by the restaurant owner for not finding anything on the menu that sounded good ... and then thoroughly enjoying McDonalds! Oh, and the multiple black-cats that crossed, uncrossed and recrossed our paths. Cathedrals and tiny parking places. Chateaux and no ice in the drinks. An amazing mixture of the profound and the absurd. Vive la France!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited about your blog. You are really funny and i look forward to hearing about your rad life. love you! miss you!
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos!
ReplyDeleteAnd blogs are awesome - you'll be glad you started recording things :)
AND, it's only fair that I invite you to our blog (set as private), so just email me if you're interested and I'll add you!